Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Coupons

Sometimes I watch the Extreme Coupons show and it amazes me at how much people save.  Even if I think they are going well beyond excessive.  Since being unemployed I have been trying to save some money when I go to the store for stuff and have been trying to use more coupons.  I have to be honest though, I am not very good at it and usually forget the bring the coupons.

However, today I did better.  I received a coupon in the mail for Khol's, which I usually never shop at.  Wanting to get out of the house today I decided to make the trip since it is just a couple of miles down the road from the house. 

My 6 year old will be turing 7 in Feb. so I thought I would try and get something for him and get part of his present out of the way since I am done with all my Christmas shopping and I don't really need anything for the house. 

The results of the coupon, digging through the clearance rack, and taking advantage of a sale on toys: I spend a total of $3.22 for items that should have cost over $30!

I may need to spend a little more time on coupons!

Happy Savings!
-Sarah D.



No comments:

Post a Comment